Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The cottage garden at Ham

This was the last day I took photographs on this trip to England.  These were taken in Ros and Tony's garden.  Spring is so late this year that there really weren't a lot of flowers blooming yet.

The first shot is of me playing with Daisy Mae, the new Lhasa Apso puppy, with Yew Tree Cottage in the background.  It's a wide-angle shot, taken with a tripod and the camera's self timer.  The puppy is truly a delight.


The apple tree has hundreds if not thousands of buds, but only a few have opened yet.  Only one in this cluster of buds has opened.


These little (10mm) flowers are interesting because there are two distinct colors of flower: blue and purple, both on the same stem.


Yellow-green flowers, of a type I've not seen before.


These flowers are nice, but they were in full sun and hence the photo is very contrasty.


On Thursday I say goodbye to Ros and Tony and fly to Warsaw, where I'm joining a tour for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment